Every business sector has different divisions, whether manufacturing or service, which work day by day to achieve organizational objectives. Such divisions may or may not work interdependently but at the end of the day they are connected together by one common thread – Accounting & Finance.
The accounting & financial aspects are registered for each and every organization and are communicated to different stakeholders. There are two main forms of reporting-Financial reporting for various stakeholders & Management reporting for an organization's internal management. All of these reports are essential and are an integral part of an organization's accounting and reporting system. Yet given the number of stakeholders involved and the legislative & other regulatory criteria, financial reporting is an organization's most significant and crucial activity. Corporate Governance is a crucial aspect of this. Throughout the following section, let us explore different aspects of Financial Reporting.
Financial Reporting includes providing financial information to the various stakeholders regarding the organization's financial results and financial status over a defined period of time. Such stakeholders include-investors, creditors, the public, debt suppliers, government agencies and governments. The duration of the financial reporting is quarterly & annual for listed firms.
Financial reporting is usually considered an Accounting end product.
Typical elements of financial reporting are:
1. Financial Statements – balance sheet, income & loss account, cash flow statement & Report of adjustments in shareholders 'equity
2. The Notes to Financial Statements
3. Changes to financial statements Quarterly & Annual reports (for listed companies)
4. Prospectus (for IPO companies)
5. Management Discussion & Review (For public companies)
The Government and the Indian Institute of Chartered Accounts (ICAI) released various accounting principles & guidelines notes that are applicable for financial reporting purposes. It ensures uniformity across various diversified sectors as their financial statements are prepared & delivered. Now let's explore the financial reporting priorities & objectives.
According to the International Accounting Standard Board (IASB), the aim of financial statements is to provide information on the financial situation, results and adjustments in the financial condition of an organisation that is useful to a wide variety of users in making economic decisions
Financial Statements are the mirror of an organisation. The main purpose of preparing Financial Statements are described below:
1. Financial Statement form the basis of information for analysis, strategizing, budgeting and decision making for the business.
2. To provide actionable information to stakeholders including investors, promoters, creditors and debtors which enables them to take prudent and informed decisions regarding the business.
3. In case of listed companies, Financial Statement form the basis of decisions of shareholders about various aspects of an organization.
4. Providing information to shareholders & public at large in case of listed companies about various aspects of an organization.
5. Providing details about an organization's economic capital, claims to those capital (liabilities & equity of the owner) and how these resources and claims have experienced change over time.
6. Providing information about how an company procures & uses various tools.
7. Providing information to various stakeholders on an organization's performance management as to how effectively and ethically they carry out their fiduciary duties & obligations.
8. Providing the legislative auditors with knowledge which in effect facilitates the audit.
9. Improving social security by looking at workers, trade union and government interests.
Financial Reporting is the most important and impediment aspect relating to the financial aspect of a business. Financial Statements are literally the mirror if a business’s performance. Every stakeholder needs financial statements for taking various reasons & purposes. The following points emphasize why the structure for financial reporting is critical.
1. Complying with different statutes and statutory standards of support and organisation. The organizations must send financial statements to ROC, government agencies. In the case of listed firms, quarterly as well as annual reports are expected to be reported and published in the stock exchanges.
2. It promotes formal auditing. The statutory auditors are required to inspect the financial statements of the company in order to express their opinion.
3. Financial reports are the backbone of financial preparation, research, benchmarking and decision-making. These are used for the purposes set out above by different stakeholders.
4. Financial reporting helps companies boost both domestic and international money.
5. On the basis of financials, the public in large can analyse the performance of the organization as well as of its management.
6. For the purpose of procurement, labour contracts, government services, etc., companies are expected to file their financial reports and statements.
We may, therefore, infer from the above that financial reporting is very relevant from the point of view of different stakeholders. This is getting very complicated at times for large organisations, but the advantages are much more complicated than those. We may assume that financial reporting provides accurate and appropriate information that is used by several stakeholders for different purposes. A sound and reliable financial reporting structure across industries encourage fair competition and enable capital inflows. This, in effect, leads to economic growth.
Call or WhatsApp us on +91-99991-39391 for free consultation from our team of experts. You can also email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We share the detailed and reasonable estimated costs, documents and prerequisites for the complete process before starting the process to ensure transparency.
Our team warrants hassle free documentation. We collect the necessary documents and share the relevant drafts to ensure a timely filing and delivery.
Upon collecting the necessary documents and information, we waste no time in preparation and filing of your application. development on your application is brought to your attention.
On successful completion of the case we share all the relevant documents electronically and physically along with an assurance to pay you back if something is wrong.
CFO Support Services or the Virtual CFO is an experienced Finance Professional who is not a full-time CFO but takes care of the roles and responsibilities of a Full-Time CFO. He is the one who lays down a solid financial foundation and ensure efficientRead More
Financial Reporting is the mirror of the financial health of an organisation. It is an impediment to prepare financial statements of a business in order to facilitate prudent decision making by each and every stakeholder of the business.Read More
This is a critical feature, because if you want to raise funds (whether by bank debt, PE/VC financing, or an IPO), you'll need a budgeting framework that allows you to provide reliable estimates to your lenders and investors.Read More
Business Plan is the document which defines the goals, methods of acheiving thosed goals in a particular tim-frame. Success of a business strongly depends on adequate time and money invested towards chalking out a strong business plan and strategizing smaRead More
“Revenue is vanity, profit is sanity, but cash is reality,” as someone wisely put it. Companies who control their working capital effectively are very competitive all over the worldRead More
Exit plan is the strategy determining the possibility of an investor exiting a startup on maturity of the investment. It's just as important to plan and strategize for your exit as it is to start your company.Read More
Financial and Legal helth of a business is one of the initial steps towards evaluating the prospect of investment in a business. Corpzo offers assistance to entrepreneurs and growth companies who are looking at accomplishing different accounting standardsRead More
Maintaining a cordial and healthy investor relationship is a very important aspect of running a succesful business. Corpzo has a very extensive exporsure in assisting startups in maintaining investor relations.Read More
Profit is a feature of both revenues and costs. In order to optimize income, one must look for ways to increase revenues while lowering or managing costs.Read More
We understand what senior management, customers, and directors need to see in a clear dashboard. We develop and prepare comprehensive management information systems (MIS) reports for both internal and external reportingRead More
When businesses face adversity, such as a cash flow crisis, significant losses, or shutdowns, they need experienced professionals to manage these delicate situations as strategic partners.Read More
Bespoke advisory focused on mission critical legal, financial and business aspects.
Uniquely repurpose strategic core competencies with progressive content. Assertively transition ethical imperatives and collaborative manufactured products.Write About Us
Professional and trusted service, my company needed certification from the state excise in the State of Telangana and CORPZo were so professional in their approach, be it filing of part 3 and 4 of MSME or application process with the state exice that it made my life easy.
Will always look to a team which is knowledgeable particularly when it comes to the field of alternative medicine. I had spoken to many including the government offices but was confused how to proceed with setting up of my pharma unit, CORPZo had the right professional guidance available.
They believe in transparency in business and give high regard to Customer Satisfaction. Love to work with them and Highly Recommended
I needed to apply for business related registration and receive some certificates. Their service is very professional. I researched in the market and found that they are very cost effective, so initially I was a bit doubtful, but, for my surprise, they are better than some of the big house.
Awesome and excellent services provided to me. Great and polite gestures with full professional behavior . Have got my company incorporated by corpzo. It was done within a week and have been using their accounting services ever since. They have been a real boost to my business.
© 2023 Corpzo Ventures Private Limited.