Cash flow is basically movement of cash in or out of your business. You should be tracking this either weekly, monthly or quarterly. Running business without cash management is like paddling boat without an oar. Poor cash flow management it only takes to
Cash flow basically implies the movement of cash in or out of your business. You should be tracking this either weekly, monthly or quarterly. Running a business without cash management is like paddling boat without an oar. Poor cash flow management it only takes to the downfall of your business.
In every Company, cash flow management is the method of tracking, assessing and optimizing net cash receipts minus cash expenditures. Net cash flow is an important financial health metric for any company. It allows the business owner to determine the best cash needs; this can be done by calculating the monthly cash requirements and defining the sources from which they can be met.
Cash flow management involves:
➲ Knowing when, where and how the cash needs will occur;
➲ Identifying the best ways to meet additional cash needs; and
➲ Being prepared to address those needs when they occur;
1. It helps to prevent cash shortages, triggered by a disparity between cash inflows and outflows.
2. It helps to manage your cash flow and helps monitor business expenditures in a way, setting goals for your revenue and realization of revenue.
3. Helps to efficiently handle of available cash/resources.
4. Facilitates prompt debt repayment planning.
5. Investments should be made on time with the resources available.
6. Facilitates quick negotiation with borrowers in borrowing terms.
7. Helps in predicting client deviation.
8. Preparation of cash flow, availability of sufficient funds and their control are some of the basic needs of any business.
9. One of the main cash management goals is to reduce or remove uncertainties when cash management is requirements
10. Management help in making a prediction as per the current pattern.
➲ Evaluate your business breakeven point
You will know when your company will be profitable, not that it will affect your cash flow — because it won't — but because it gives you an early objective to aim for and a ready-made target for potential cash flow predictions. A grim mix of negative cash flow and negative profits.
➲ Aim on cash flow management not on profits
Use the breakeven as a benchmark. Of course, you do need to control your cash flow until you hit breakeven and your company is profitable.
➲ Create a Cash Reserve
Create some cash reserve which will help you to manage your working capital required for running your business.
➲ Create cash flow worksheet
It will help you to track the inflow and outflows of cash from your business.
While managing cash flow following needs to points needs to consider:
1. Analyse past cash inflow and outflow pattern while preparing a cash budget
2. Maintaining regular, periodic and standardised records like sales, purchase, debtors, creditors and cashbook on regular basis which is essential for cash flow management
3. Specifically raised fund should be utilised for the specific task only
4. Fund diversion from anticipated use to other users can hamper the liquidity of funds
5. One of the important aspects of cash flow management is the timely recovery of funds from debtors and receivables.
6. Manage the surplus cash, invest it properly, considering the risk and return, never keep it idle
7. Any company needs funds for various reasons, such as long-term funds for the purchase of fixed assets and short-term funds for day-to-day business operations. Funds to which they are raised should be used
8. Profit jump doesn't automatically mean more cash on hand. Profit is the amount of money that the company receives over a given time span, while cash is what it has at its disposal to keep its business running
➲ Cash book
➲ Sales register
➲ Purchase register (and other cash out flow register)
➲ Debtors register
➲ Bank passbook
➲ Creditors register
➲ Miscellaneous receipts (if any)
CFO Support Services or the Virtual CFO is an experienced Finance Professional who is not a full-time CFO but takes care of the roles and responsibilities of a Full-Time CFO. He is the one who lays down a solid financial foundation and ensure efficientRead More
Cash flow is basically movement of cash in or out of your business. You should be tracking this either weekly, monthly or quarterly. Running business without cash management is like paddling boat without an oar. Poor cash flow management it only takes toRead More
Financial Reporting is the mirror of the financial health of an organisation. It is an impediment to prepare financial statements of a business in order to facilitate prudent decision making by each and every stakeholder of the business.Read More
Due Diligence is an investigation process for into the financial and legal aspects of the business conducted in order to minimize the risks such as hidden uncovered liability, poor growth prospects, price claimed, for the prospect investment.Read More
Budeting Framework is an essential part of the finance functions of a business. It is essential to have a budget and pertaining analysis to determine the future growth projections in order to evaluate the valuation of the business.Read More
Business Plan is the document which defines the goals, methods of acheiving thosed goals in a particular tim-frame. Success of a business strongly depends on adequate time and money invested towards chalking out a strong business plan and strategizing smaRead More
“Revenue is vanity, profit is sanity, but cash is reality,” as someone wisely put it. Companies who control their working capital effectively are very competitive all over the worldRead More
Exit plan is the strategy determining the possibility of an investor exiting a startup on maturity of the investment. It's just as important to plan and strategize for your exit as it is to start your company.Read More
Financial and Legal helth of a business is one of the initial steps towards evaluating the prospect of investment in a business. Corpzo offers assistance to entrepreneurs and growth companies who are looking at accomplishing different accounting standardsRead More
Maintaining a cordial and healthy investor relationship is a very important aspect of running a succesful business. Corpzo has a very extensive exporsure in assisting startups in maintaining investor relations.Read More
Profit is a feature of both revenues and costs. In order to optimize income, one must look for ways to increase revenues while lowering or managing costs.Read More
We understand what senior management, customers, and directors need to see in a clear dashboard. We develop and prepare comprehensive management information systems (MIS) reports for both internal and external reportingRead More
When businesses face adversity, such as a cash flow crisis, significant losses, or shutdowns, they need experienced professionals to manage these delicate situations as strategic partners.Read More
Uniquely repurpose strategic core competencies with progressive content. Assertively transition ethical imperatives and collaborative manufactured products.Write About Us